Home > Services > Children > Children's Classes
Want to learn how to become a Safe Sitter? If you are between the ages of 11 to 13 and are looking to care for others - even if they are siblings - then you need look no further.
This National Program
- whose motto is "Better sitters today ... Better parents tomorrow" is available at Henry County Hospital.
- Success on the job
- Babysitting as a business
- Child care essentials
- Choking Child/Infant Rescue
- Prevent Problem Behavior
- Injury Management
- Safety for the sitter
You'll also receive a backpack filled with supplies and information.
Bring a sack lunch. Drinks are provided.
Is a new baby brother or sister on the way and you're wondering how it is going to effect your other child or children? This class is for children 3 and over where they will learn how to be a big brother/big sister.
We'll cover things like diapering, feeding and talking about what having that new arrival in your home.
Bring a doll or stuffed bear!
- What it means to be a sibling
- What will baby look like
- Hey, What about me?
- How baby grows
- What's happening to mommy
- Helping with feeding
- Helping with diapering
- Proper handling of baby
- Safety around a new baby
- Tour maternity unit & nursery
- What happens when mommy goes to the hospital
We want to Show-N-Tell you about Henry County Hospital Children's Unit.
Our special program is geared to children from preschool through second grade. We hope it will eliminate fears in regards to hospital stays and procedures.
Sign your class/group up today by calling us at 765.521.1116
- What happens during admission
- Wearing a name wrist band
- Medical charts
- Taking vital signs
- Equipment seen at the hospital
- Masks and gowns
- What to expect with surgery
- Tour of hospital
- X-ray equipment
- Physical Therapy
- Lab and blood work
- The Emergency Room