Home > News > August Is World Breastfeeding Month
|August Is World Breastfeeding Month - 8/6/2012|
The Nurses at Henry County Hospital's Women & Children's Unit are marking World Breastfeeding Month this August.
They want everyone to know the benefits of breastfeeding.
Mothers who breastfeed their babies:
Babies who receive artificial baby milk are more likely to have:
- Lower their risk of breast, uterine and ovarian cancer
- Have less risk of post-partum bleeding and anemia
- Tend to lose weight easier
- Save time & money
Need more benefits of breastfeeding:
- Asthma or pneumonia
- More illnesses in general, including ear infections
- Diabetes Mellitus
For more information contact the nurses in the Women & Children''s Unit at 521.1116.
- It has the right nutrients in the right amounts
- It''s free, no bottles and no costly formula
- It''s always ready and no measuring