Home > Services > Sleep Center > Preparation
Preparing For The Test
- Do not nap on the day of the study. We want you ready to sleep all night.
- Avoid coffee, caffeinated drinks, and alcoholic beverages the day before the test.
- Bathe or shower before coming to the sleep center. Also wash and dry your hair.
- Do not apply body lotion, powder, hair spray, conditioners, gel, or mousse.
- Sleeping pills and sedatives should be avoided, unless your doctor wants you to take them.
Take all other medicines as directed by your doctor.
- Bring the medications you normally take as well as an updated list of all medicines.
- Bring pajamas or comfortable sleep clothes.
- Bring toiletries, pillows, books or anything else that may help you to relax. You may bring a cell phone but it will need to be shut off when you are ready to go to bed.
- Bring insurance card and prescription or doctor's orders.